Wyndham Diwali Mela 2016 will be held on Sunday, 20th November 2016 from 130pm – 930pm at Werribee Racecourse.
Wyndham Diwali Inc. – a Not-for-profit, apolitical, run by high performing team
Achieve the status as the champions of cross-cultural exchange in the Wyndham City and surrounding regions.
Wyndham Diwali has grown to become one of the most popular community based event in Melbourne, Australia – which encourages and implements unity in diversity. This community festival relies solely on the generous financial and “in-kind” support from the state government, local government, corporate businesses, volunteers, media and local industry.
Wyndham Diwali is the biggest Diwali festival in the Wyndham region, with free entry to the visiting public and working towards promoting ‘many cultures and one nation’ concept.
Wyndham Diwali Team’s primary purpose is promoting multiculturalism and Unity in Diversity through dance, music and arts.
The event “Victorian Multicultural Festival of Lights” attracts participation from people across Victoria.
- Celebrate the annual event.
- Showcase Wyndham Diwali as an international festival with its unique concept.
- Major stakeholders – OMAC, Wyndham City Council, Primary Partners, Media Partners.
- Supporting Partners – Govt. Agencies, Sponsors and Choreographers/Artistes.
- Engage citizens/disadvantaged residents from different cultural backgrounds.
- Visual display of celebrating Festival of Lights using Art Forms, Dance Forms and Music.
- Attract growing number of visitors from all areas in the region.
Wyndham’s Own Cultural Extravaganza
- Platform for locals to experience art & culture, food, relaxation and indulgence
- Opportunity for local talent to shine
- Exposes local businesses and promotes employment locally
- Performances showcasing multiple communities on one platform
- Highlights Wyndham Diwali Inc.’ commitment to its community
- Capitalises on key demographic segments
- A revenue generating event for local businesses with manageable challenges
- Immediate target market: Melbourne, Geelong, Melton and other western suburbs
Enriching Lifestyle in Wyndham
- Supports strong growth trends in Wyndham
- Attracts higher socio-economic groups with increased local spending
- Builds vibrancy, a sense of activity and a personality for Wyndham
- Promotes visitation in the ‘Socially Aware’, ‘Visible Achievers’ and ‘Conventional Families’
- Hastens social amalgamation across ethnicities
- Make Wyndham City, the Victoria’s premier cultural hub
- Work towards increased government and private funding for cultural activities
- The committee is very positive and eager to promote the benefits of multiculturalism in the region.
- Sponsors enjoy direct exposure to over 20,000 audience from various suburbs of Melbourne, particularly Wyndham.
- WDM promote heavily through local media, website, Facebook, YouTube. Our electronic footprint reached over 126477 visitors to our website.
Benefits from Wyndham Diwali Mela
- Communal Harmony
- Cultural Awareness
- Cultural Engagement
- Multiculturalism – Unity
- Short term Job creation
- Wyndham Tourism
- Awareness of Wyndham’s Brand
Wyndham Diwali Inc.
Contact: 0413359776 / 0422217667